Farinart is a North American purpose-driven company focused on providing the bakery industry with high quality grain blends and speciality flours with a focus on Regenerative Agriculture practices.
Our core values:
- Quality: We believe the little things make a big difference
- Innovation: We see endless possibilities
- Sustainability: We are tomorrow minded
- Human: We are driven by family values
Within Farinart, we offer our employees a safe, inclusive, diverse workplace. All our people policies are based on openness, fairness, and trust. We create a sense of purpose and belonging that is only possible when everyone respects each other and feels respected at work. We provide a quality and sustainable foundation for our clients to reach new heights.
This position is critical to the growth plans for the company. It will be an integral component to ensure increased sales while maintaining Farinart current customer base. This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, must be highly organized with excellent communication and presentation skills.
The Business Development & Sales Manager will report to the VP Sales and Innovation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage existing customer’s base.
- Enlarge customer’s base through direct active prospection.
- Broadening relationships with existing customers based in assigned market segments.
- Identifying sustainable market opportunities to further develop the business.
- Collaborating with R&D Director and Innovation team members to define customer driven product innovations.
- Working with Finance Team to produce accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Ensuring price management for the customer base.
- On-demand visits to customer bakeries to aid in implementing new and existing Farinart products in their improvement endeavors.
- Assisting with coordination of trade shows and industry events and attend as requested.
- Assessing bid requests and specifications for contracts and projects.
- Maintaining accurate and timely customer information, sales calls records in CRM.
Competencies / Profile
- A bachelor’s degree or a baking training is a plus.
- Successful commercial experience, preferably in the food or in a B2B environment of a minimum of 5 years.
- Strong analytical skills with technical know-how.
- Negotiation and contract management experience.
- Excellent problem solving and customer minded.
- Knowledge of company’s mission, purpose, goals, and the role of the employee in achieving them.
- Must be highly organized with great time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self Motivated with entrepreneurial mindset
- Travel expected up to 40% of time.
- Persevering person, not afraid of prospecting
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, flexible and result–oriented
In addition to having an opportunity to join and assist in the success and growth of Farinart overall, the role has a very competitive compensation package that will include both an attractive base salary and annual incentive program.
If you are a results-driven problem-solver with a passion for customer excellence and sustainability and looking for an opportunity to drive organizational growth, we invite you to contact us!